JEC Research Cell
For any education, and technical education in particular, the basic model of a ‘teaching – only’ institution is inadequate to ensure quality education. In all disciplines of technical education, knowledge is dynamic with new technologies being introduced very frequently. In this scenario, it is not possible for the teachers to deliver good quality instructions without being tuned to the current developments in the subjects, for which they must constantly update their knowledge.
A well recognized way to deal with this paradigm is for the teachers to be active researchers in the areas in which they teach. As researchers, they need to understand the past and recent developments in their subject areas. Many high ranking Universities / institutions in the world (Berkeley, MIT, Cornell, Stanford, Princeton etc.) and India (IITs, IISc, IIITs, NITs etc.) exhibit a very high correlation between quality teaching and R & D activities. Even among the affiliated colleges, those which have PhD faculty on their rolls and are engaged in R & D activities are regarded as good colleges. JEC believes in spearheading R&D activities and to fulfill this aim JEC has established its research Centre in 2006. Since then it is operational and popularly known as JEC Research Centre abbreviated as “JECRC”. JEC recognized the importance of R & D in the vertical growth of the institution and established the R & D cell to focus on the scientific and industrial research in the various disciplines of Engineering.
The Main Objectives & Initiatives of JECRC are to:
- Instill research culture throughout the institute.
- Creating awareness and motivating researchers to work in emerging domains of engineering and technology.
- Promote internal mechanisms which may facilitate achieving high quality research.
- Assists faculty, research scholars and students in filing research proposals for grants from various funding agencies like DST, AICTE, and MHRD etc.
- Allocates funds for in-house R & D projects of the faculty, research scholars and students.
- Assists the faculty, research scholars and students in filing of IPRs like patents and copy rights.
- Achieve international-quality research in selected themes, encouraging a certain amount of fundamental research whilst focusing on applied research.
- Improve the depth and breadth of research in the institute, as reflected in year-on-year growth of research scholars.
- Support academic activities of the Institute by supplementing with research oriented courses in on-going undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Encourage the research fraternity at institute to write research proposals, attract funding for projects that are of prime importance in the present global scenario.
JECRC Organizational Structure
The JECRC has a nominated committee consisting of professors from various programs of Engineering and Basic Sciences. The organizational structure consists of a chairman, convener and coordinator for facilitating the routine functioning of the cell. The R & D budget for the year 2019-2020 is Rs. 5 lakhs.
No of Research Centres @ JECRC
Jaipur Engineering College has 4 research centers’ in which the faculty and students from various institutions besides the faculty and students from this college, who are interested in enhancing their qualifications do their research, work in their discipline. The details of the infrastructure, publication and related research activities are presented in the respective disciplines. The disciplines in which research centers have been working are:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering and
- Electrical Engineering
CONSULTANCY WORK @ JECRC
Consultancy needs to embrace an agile mindset to deliver better work. It needs to deliver more than just paper solutions, recommendations and reports that sit unread once the consultancy leaves. Consultancy today has the potential to deliver real products and services, in a live environment, as quickly as possible. The best way to make this happen is to adopt an agile process - this way, learning are taken out of the prototype work and fed back into the strategy, allowing it to develop and flex based on results.